With almost three decades of experience as a professional writer, editor and college professor, Jo Kadlecek has worked for a range of U.S. publications and editors. She has published 16 books, including novels, memoirs and non fiction, and has written hundreds of articles and features for publications such as The Boston Globe, New England Magazine and others. Jo loves coming along side aspiring writers, rusty veterans, creative souls and/or execs to help with their writing.
writing instruction, editorial coaching & story consultation for writers at all stages
Acclaimed author/instructor Shelley Davidow & Jo have teamed up to launch the SUNSHINE COAST WRITERS’ CAFE
COMING IN JULY 2017
WORKSHOP: “WRITING A MEMOIR THAT MOVES, SINGS & INSPIRES”:
Tuesday Mornings July 4, 11, 18 & 25, 10am-Noon, location TBD (Noosaville area), with Local Instructor/Author Jo Kadlecek.
In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn the tools of storytelling to get your memoir moving in the right direction, helping your story sing and inspire readers along the way. Fee: $180 includes instruction, resources, coffee/tea & workshop exercises.
COMING IN SEPTEMBER 2017
What students are saying:
“The sessions with Jo were inspiring and informative, and the discussions helped me assess my project and improve my writing. I now feel better positioned to move forward and finish my memoir.”—Richard, student
“Step out of your comfort zone and take educated advice. This is a safe and welcoming environment to tell your story.”—Chris, student
“Excellent opportunity to learn more about writing.”—Joanna, student
“This workshop was an absolute joy and allowed me the luxury of opening up to begin something I would have never thought I could do.”—Carolyne, student
“If you want to write your memoir, you owe it to yourself to do this course!”—Rick, student
2017 Course Listings
Jan. 12 & 13, 2017: “From Life to Art, turning life into literature” 10am-1pm at Sunspace Cafe. Instructor Shelley Davidow. $160 (Book HERE.)
January 2017: “Fiction Writing Workshop”: Tuesdays, Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31; 10am-Noon, Noosaville. Get that novel started as your new year’s resolution! Fiction Writing Workshop covers topics such as: story structure, character development & dialogue, plot movement & conflict, description & setting, creative language lessons. $180.
February (Tuesdays) “Structuring Your Memoir” 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2017: 10am-Noon, Cooroy Library. Instructor Jo Kadlecek. You’ve written several chapters of your memoir but you’ve struggled to figure out how each piece fits together. This interactive workshop works around your specific questions in helping to organize your memoir and guide your story. $180.
2016 Course Listings:
MEMOIR WRITING I; Tuesdays (Sept. 6, 13, 20, 27), 10am-12 noon at Cooroy Library. Instructor Jo Kadlecek. October, 2016:
CREATIVE WRITING MASTERCLASS, Saturdays (October 1, 8, 15, 22), 10am-1pm at Sunspace Cafe. Instructor Shelley Davidow. October, 2016:
SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL SCREENWRITING, Sat., Oct. 31. 1-day only workshop with Los Angeles based screenwriter/guest lecturer Chris Reed.
MEMOIR WRITING II (Intensive) Workshop; Tuesdays (Nov. 15, 22, 29, Dec. 6), 10am-noon at Cooroy Library. Instructor Jo Kadlecek.
WRITING & EDITORIAL SERVICES:
- Because every writer’s project and process is different, Jo is happy to meet with you to assess your goals and proposal. (Hourly rate is $50.)
- Jo crafts a unique contract for each client outlining the agreement terms and time frame. For individual instruction, story consultation or coaching for publication, Jo’s fees are to be determined. With a signed contract and initial nonrefundable deposit TBD, the writing process begins!
- Gather your creative friends for GROUP instruction in a workshop setting of 3-5 writers. All meetings take place in local cafes, the library or online. Costs vary. (Or register for a new Hearts and Minds Writing Workshop! See above!)
- Jo is also available for copy editing completed drafts.
OTHER COMMUNICATION SERVICES:
Jo is also available (fees to be determined) to write, edit or consult for:
- public relations strategies with today’s social media platforms;
- web site content/features;
- manuscript instruction, guidance and editing for nonfiction, memoir, and fiction;
- marketing letters (for nonprofits);
- organizational communication both internal and external.
Contact JO at:
Follow Jo on Instagram and Twitter @JoKadlecek