October, 29, 2016: SPECIAL 1-DAY WORKSHOP:
SECRETS TO SUCCESSFUL SCREENWRITING Saturday, Oct. 29, 2016, 9am-5pm.
You love movies. You have great ideas. You know you’ve always dreamed of writing that screenplay. Here’s a great way to hone your craft or just to get started:
Join guest lecturer, Christopher Reed, Los Angeles-based Disney screenwriter/instructor for this fun and insightful workshop, Sat. Oct. 29, 1 day only!
Chris has sold five original screenplays, including The Sixth Man, has six others written under contract to various studios and has worked on a number of adapted novels, television scripts and children’s animated films. He is currently under contract with a Chinese “Disney-type” Studio for an animated children’s adaptation, and he is also a popular screenwriting instructor at the Writing Pad in Los Angeles.
What: Throughout this day long interactive workshop, Chris will cover elements of character, conflict, and visual storytelling while using movie examples and lessons from his own successful career to illustrate his teaching. Registration includes resources, film examples, morning tea/coffee, lunch, workshop exercises and expert consultation from a veteran screenwriter. Don’t miss this one-time opportunity.
- COSTS (include all resources, tea/lunch, film clips, story consultation and more!):
- Early bird Registration: Only $189 if you register before Oct. 1.
- Student Discount (Bona Fide Tertiary Ed. Students)
- Registration: Only $199 after Oct. 1.
- Same Day Registration: $229.
When: Saturday, Oct. 29, 2016, 9am-5pm
Where: Fellowship Hall of Anglican Church of Noosa, 17 William Street in Tewantin, QLD.
Why: Because you love movies too much not to take this workshop.
• Limited space of 20 students •
• co-sponsored with the Sunshine Coast Writers’ Cafe •
• Register today (below) as this workshop will fill up quickly •